Monday, March 25, 2013

Oliver 5 Months

One month away from half a year, how is that possible!?
Oliver is such a happy, chill baby. His facial expressions always tell a story using those eyebrows to his advantage. He absolutely ADORES his big Brother. When he is in his line of sight he lights up. Owen loves entertaining him too. If he is grumpy or bored with whatever he's doing all he has to do is be around and Oliver is a happy camper. He likes to sing his made up songs which always seems to entertain Oliver.




He is working on sitting up by himself but tends to like to fall all the way forward. I don't think it will be too long before he has it mastered. I will admit I'm ready for that milestone because he is no longer content laying back and playing. 




Everything is in his mouth. I was for sure he was teething but nothing has emerged yet. 




He is pretty close to rolling from his back to belly but hasn't given it too much thought unless he really wants a toy. Napping is still going pretty well, just trying to figure out logistics. Morning nap is easy, he is ready to go down around 9AM without a fight. We still are swaddling which is getting a little snug, that will be a hard habit to break. He sleeps in his crib for this nap. Depending on how loud his Brother is in the playroom he will sleep anywhere from 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours. Second nap is a little trickier because I don't lay him in his crib since Owen naps too and usually takes a little longer to go to sleep. Oliver still fits in the sleep n play so I put him in our room and he will usually nap about 2-2 1/2 hours anywhere around 12-12:30-3ish.  I will probably continue to have him nap somewhere other than his crib for his second nap until Owen grows out of the nap. He's going to sleep for the night around 8:30-9 pretty consistently. Some night he does better at staying asleep, if he does wake it's usually just putting the paci back in his mouth and giving him his blankie. Gets up for the day around 6:30-7.
Still nursing like a champ about 5 times a day. The bottle is a totally different story, he gets one only if I'm not around so I'm not usually the one that feels the pain but it usually takes him about a hour to finish 6 ounces! He plays with the bottle, puts it in and out of his mouth etc. When he nurses it takes about 10-15 minutes tops. I haven't started him on any solids yet. I decided to skip the cereal all together this time. I don't really feel that he will benefit from it and he doesn't seem to need anything more right now. I'm planning on doing my own baby food again which I will probably start next month. 
Baby boy is a solid little guy. He has some rolls which I LOVE. 
We are ready for some nice weather so we can get outside! Owen ask me everyday about going to the park, I can't wait either buddy. Hoping for some nicer weather for Easter this weekend! 







A few pictures from our last few weeks, if you follow me on Instagram (jillebn23) you have probably already seen most of them. 


 First time going to the nursery at Church and St. Patrick's Day! 

This is what happens when his Brother "play" with him

 That hair...love it

Camo Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment