Sunday, December 20, 2009

17 weeks!

Today marks 17 weeks exactly.

"The Pregnancy Journal" states:

By now, all the mjaor elements of the lungs have formed except those involved with the oxygen-carbon dioxide exchange. Thus, breathing air is not yet possible. Over the next three days, pads will begin to form on your baby's fingertips and toes.

By popular demand I have decided to post my "bump" each week. I'll try every Sunday since that's when the weeks change. I've decided instead of my belly growing my butt is getting enormous, they have reversed roles! Merrick tells me that's suppose to happen but I'm just not so sure about that. I'm not too crazy about showing my belly yet, so even Merr was surprised when he took these pics. He said well ya maybe your right you are showing a little, ha everyone just thinks I'm crazy! The only before pic I have is about 2 months ago so really I was around 2 months along and thought I was "showing" well def not compared to what I feel like now and I know it will just continue every week. Merrick gets mad at me because it's a baby, but it is just taking me a little to get use to. I'm just not very comfortable in my skin yet with this stomach. Today I went to put a normal pair of jeans on and wear them unbuttoned, that wasn’t happening because they weren’t fitting over my butt. So here we go....









Tonight we went to Mom's for dinner and to celebrate Christmas with Wes, Maggie and Blaine. I told Miles he could go only if he let me dress him up, he was NOT very happy.....




And then we have Britt, she just loves the snow and her yard she could stay out there all day!




We finished all of our Christmas shopping today in a matter of 2 hours, I knew there was a reason I took Merr. He was in and out of a store and speed walking in between. It's a relief to have that all done and the presents wrapped under the tree! Now I just hope the dogs don’t mess with them. Today they were a little rowdy when Merr was at work and knocked off some ornaments so I chased they around with the wrapping paper roll, it was hilarious they were looking at me like I was the wicked witch.

This week is a short work week only 3 1/2 days of work, YAHOO! I'm excited about that and for Christmas even though it will be hectic and quick! I keep telling Merrick, next year we will have a little baby, so unreal :)
Good night!


-M&J

No comments:

Post a Comment