At week 18, your baby-to-be's senses are maturing. She's able to hear sounds within her own comfortable environment, such as the sound of your heart beating, as well as external sounds, such as your voice. She may become more active for certain sounds, and you'll feel her movements. At this point in her development she's still small enough that she has plenty of room to wiggle.
Your little one is about five ounces and five to six inches long (crown to rump).
Last week at work I thought I felt some "fluttering", it lasted a few seconds and didn't feel like anything I've felt before. I instantly grabbed my stomach. I haven’t noticed anything else until yesterday I thought I felt it again. Sometimes I'm afraid I'm assuming it's the baby because I know I'm suppose to feel it any day now, and can't wait for that moment. I'm anticipating our big ultrasound to see the little one again.
We had a wonderful Christmas with family. We hosted Christmas Eve at our house this year that was fun and nice to do. Christmas we went to Granny's as usual, it was a house full. We got a lot of great useful gifts from everyone. I'm for sure now that Baby McLean will be extremely spoiled, because he/she already is!! We got adorable gifts for the baby. Merrick's favorite would probably have to be the Cubs onesie's, j/k :)
The dogs arent too sure what to think about all this stuff....
I had Merrick take the 18 week picture today before we went to church, this is one of my favortie outfits at this point (eventhough I got some great clothes for xmas) because I can wear leggings. :)
I hate to take down all the Christmas decorations, I just love them. I'll probably keep them up until next weekend. Here are some of our house.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!!

No comments:
Post a Comment