Thursday, April 15, 2010

33 Weeks!

Your Baby: Month 8

Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.



A little behind on the posts! We have been so busy it seems like.  I should actually title the post 33 weeks 4 days! YAY, I am starting to get very anxious if I haven't mentioned that already.  

Such a great weekend, my shower was wonderful. I want to thank everyone so much!! We are so blessed to have so much support and those that care about us and baby McLean. It is truly humbling. My Mom made a neat slide show of the shower, I posted the link below hope it works.


Thank You to my wonderful sisters for throwing me the shower!!


We got SOOO much great stuff, luckily my Sisters and friend Megan came over at the shower to take control otherwise I probalby would have just sat and stared at everything wondering where to even begin....

But dont worry, these girls got me started on the right track. Then Monday my sister came back and we put things together and washed everything that needed washed. That was a good feeling, right now I just have the urge of wanting things in placed and READY. Saturday we are taking back some duplicates I got from the shower and getting the rest of items that I still need.

I posted some pictures of the nursery, it's still a work in progress but it's coming along nicely and I am liking it. Still have some organizing and things to put in there such as a rocker/glider and shelving above the dresser. I also want to get his name in letters with jungle animals but obviously that will not be revealed until after he is born :) 

I even have his clothes washed and laid out for the hospital and his bag sorta packed.

My little helper and poser...She seriously sits like this when I have my camera in hand waiting for a picture

Doctor's appointment last week (32 weeks) went well. We were able to see the little guy on the ultrasound, but it was a little tough to tell what was what since he's crammed in there. I asked the Dr if I was seeing his eye and Doc said "nope that's the umbilical cord" ha opps. Dr. asked if we knew what the baby was and I said we better. So he spent about 5 minutes trying to verify this for us, yep he is for sure a boy. I didn't really have a doubt though or think twice about it until he spent so much time trying to verify. Everything looked good, my placenta migrated up! Which means it's not longer a concern! I was very happy about that. He is also low and head down, which the Dr says is probably causing a lot of my backaches and cramping because he is positioned on my pelvic area. He also told me that at this point I can be experiencing contractions which is normal and to be concerned if they are consistent. I don't think I have had any contractions, I still have occasional cramping and lately I have shooting pains in my pelvic area but I think it's the little guy moving and jabbing my bladder! Today after lunch I peed 5 times within 2 hours, it was ridiculous!

Yesterday I just saw the nurse to get my injection, I will see the Dr next week at 34 weeks. I had a concern because all of a sudden I had welts on both of my hips at the injection sites. They looks like a bug bite and itched like CRAZY. I showed the nurse and it's a reaction to the shots. So we are trying another mixture. This would explain why the shots have been so painful. Yesterday she tried a different mixture and the shot barely hurt other than a slight stinging. I will have 3 more shots left until 37 weeks :)

Last night we had our 2nd childbirth class, they are so informative! A lot of useful information, that we have no idea about. They focus a lot on what Merrick needs to do for me/us since more than likely if I go into labor at home I won't remember. It's a 3 hour class and goes so quickly. At the end of each class we focus on breathing techniques. It's pretty neat, Merrick will be great and I can tell he loves it :)

I feel like so much has happened in the last week just don't remember to write about it.
I'm thankful for my Momma cleaning for me weekly, and tonight she cooked a yummy dinner too! With my hugely swollen feet and ankles I was hurting!

How far along: 33 weeks, 4 days

Maternity clothes: Well my Aunt and Mom felt sorry for me and bought me some very cute stuff to get by these last 7 weeks. I feel much more comfortable! Except my poor feet, I have been wearing flip flops to work (not really caring and doubting anyone will say anything to me being about 8 months pregnant) and even these are horrible on my feet. Tonight I have never seen my feet so swollen, they looked like big balloons and you could not see any trace of my ankles.
Stretch marks: Not really sure, the marks I had on my legs have really faded so I have no clue what they are. I have kind of stopped trying to figure out all these weird things my body is doing, ha.

Sleep: Decent, we have made a big change starting last week. My little Miles has now been booted out of the bed. This was much harder for me than his Dad. He has really been acting out lately, I think he knows something is happening (the baby) and last week one night got up 4 times to go outside or get a drink. That's where we drew the line. We should not be getting up with a 2 year old dog! Not when we need to cherish our sleep while we have it. So we dug his crate out of the garage and that's where he now sleeps. It was super hard the first couple of days. He pretty much whined all night long. Merrick wouldn't let me get up knowing I would bring him right back to bed. He is getting a little better. I know it's for the best, and once the baby is here it was bound to happen.

Movement: Like a rockstar.

Food cravings/aversions: Well I found out lately I can not eat big meals and stuff myself, it makes me miserable!! There is no longer anywhere for the food to go! I've been trying to eat smaller meals so I don't make myself even more uncomfortable.

Gender: BOY!

Belly Button in or out:  Flat but it's not popped out. Merrick thinks it's going to pop, I dont!

What I am looking forward to: The weekend! and my work shower on Wednesday!

I was horrible with pictures at my shower, I didn't even take my camera! So here I am 33 weeks!!


1 comment: