We have ran into a few road blocks this last week. Friday I started feeling a little funny and having pain in my left breast. I have been very cautious and aware of any feeling watching out for an infection. Throughout the day I just made sure to nurse and pump frequently. By Friday night I was in tears, rundown, exhausted and achy. Merrick took over Owen duty and let me lay down and rest. Come to find out I ended up with a case of the dreaded Mastitis, let me tell you it is NOT fun. Of course I would get it over the holiday weekend, with a party planned at our house the next day. Merrick was wonderful and played Mr. Mom. He took care of Owen all night just waking me up to nurse him (which was not fun either). I think they had a nice bonding experience. He said Owen would smile huge at him while he was trying to rock him to sleep! I woke up Saturday feeling better then the night before. As soon as I told my Mom she was on her way over to pick me up and drag me to prompt care. I talked to my friend Abbey and she told me to just call the Dr and they would more than likely prescribe antibiotic over the phone. Abbey has been my saving grace, she had a little one recently so is a huge help and gives me advice A LOT! Luckily Dr Nord provides his home # and pager, within minutes he called me back and sent in a prescription for antibiotics. By Saturday night I was feeling much better. I'm having some other problems in that area, so for now I'm solely pumping and giving Owen a bottle. Hopefully by the time I go back to work (which is way to soon) I can start nursing in the morning and night again. We will see at this point I'm just playing it by ear and being open to whatever is best for Owen and me. Again, I wouldn't be able to do this without the amazing support, and I'm pretty determined!
We are still battling the spitting up issues. I called and talked to a nurse yesterday about it because it seems like he is doing it more frequently and seems a little fussy after eating. The nurse told me to make sure he is sitting up 30 minutes after eating. We have been doing that already so last night we elevated his crib. So far so good, he has been doing a little better and seems less gassy and we had a good night last night!!!
Big boy!
We have been struggling at night. He has found his aquarium on the side of the crib and last night I stood and watched him after I put him down. He fussed them found the aquarium which has lights and plays lullabyes. He watched it and next thing I knew he was calm and put himself to sleep. That is a feat for us!! Hopefully we can do it again tonight, but I'm not holding my breath.
My little man is growing so much, like I say every week. He doesn't look like a newborn anymore! Speaking of that he has outgrown most of his newborn clothes. I did put jammies on him last night and they were a bit snug. He is really starting to smile more and more each day and that smile will brighten any day!
He also likes to lay on our laps.
Wednesday Owen went to his first baseball game. We went to the Cornbelters, Merrick had a work outing and family was invited. O slept the entire time!
We had a great 4th of July weekend, spent with friends and family.
Saturday we had some people over and cooked out then went to the big Chenoa street dance for a little while that night. We had a lot of fun. Nana took little man home for the night and he did wonderful! It was very tough to let him go and I couldnt wait to get over there the next day. I think Mom was getting a little annoyed with all my texts that night. The girls threatened to take away my phone :)
Sunday we spent the day at my Mom's and hung out by the pool.
But he would much rather chill in the shade with Daddy.
I have a stinky boy laying on my lap, time for a bath and I guess I could use a shower :)

I am so sorry that you have mastisis! Hopefully your recovery from that is smooth. And seriously, could Owen be any cuter?
ReplyDelete