Sunday, January 2, 2011

7 months!

Side note: I started this post about 2 weeks ago, but will go ahead and post it with some updates :)
I wanted to do a quick 7 month update before it's 8 months! Wednesday we leave for our first vacation as a family, I couldn't be more excited. We are heading down to Florida, Mom an Mark are already there. We will be going with Amanda and Joe. I'm a little anxious over flying with Owen but he has never gave us a problem any other time. I think I'm more nervous about the amount of stuff we have to take! His suitcase and car-seat are all ready down there thankfully.

Seems like within the last week my baby has grown up so much. He's started to crawl on all fours but still sometimes would rather army crawl. He can pull up and stand. He has really found an interest in his new big boy toys and does more than just putting stuff in his mouth.
Last week he was very congested so I took him to the doctor. Glad I followed my "motherly instinct" because he had an ear infection and mild Bronchitis! Poor baby, he's such a good boy I had no idea about the ear infection. At the Dr he weighed 17 lbs 4 oz. His infant seat was getting to the point where it was easier to just take him in and out of it because it was heavy!! Merr's Mom got Owen a big boy seat for Christmas and it is one that rear faces up to 40 lbs so we made the switch.
Before we left on vacation I took him back to the doctor because he was still acting a little crabby. He still had an ear infection so we got a stronger antibiotic which took care of things. He was 18 lbs 4 oz. So I'm guessing one of the weighings were wrong I doubt my baby gained 1 lbs in a week.
We are now on vacation and it's been wonderful! We are sad to leave tomorrow, but will be happy to be in our own beds. Owen has been struggling in the sleep arrangements and usually ends up with mommy in the twin bed which makes for a very long night ! Other than that he was been good as gold. Loves the sand and water! He was perfect on the plane too. Its going to be very hard going back to work and leaving him. He will start a new daycare on Monday.
He's crawling and into everything!! It's so fun watching the changes!! I'll post more on Christmas and vacation hopefully soon!!









Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment