Tuesday, January 18, 2011

He's on the move!

The day after Christmas Owen changed from army crawling to using his knees. Everyday he's getting faster and more mobile. He's standing up and loves exploring everywhere! Not quite 8 months and we already have a wild man. I got his little exploration on video tonight. Proof that he can hear me and knows his name!!


Owen started his new daycare on Monday, he seems to be adapting well and really enjoying it. I know he loves kids. We were lucky to find a small in home daycare with about 4-5 kids. We feel it's perfect, he's getting one on one attention but still the interaction with kids. The last 2 nights he has been in bed by 8 and pretty much sleeping all night. Play hard sleep hard, just what Mommy and Daddy like :)
With his crawling and not sitting still for longer than 2 seconds we are still trying to figure out a routine for the mornings. Daycare is in Bloomington so getting ready for work and out the door is a little challenging and hectic. I'm sure like everything else we will get the hang of it. I told my friend at work if I come to work with different shoes on or don't match, please don't judge me.
I'm still trying to figure out when I can get my running in during the day! My goal is to run a 5K in May, but finding the time to train has not been easy. The last 2 night Merrick and I don't sit down to eat dinner until Owen is in bed. By the time we finally settle down for the night it's time to go to bed and do it all over again. But we love our crazy hectic life, wouldn't have it any other way. 'm looking forward to spring! Then maybe I can just take Owen with me in the jogging stroller :)
Can't believe he will be 8 months next week, where does the time go??




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Boy, he really is on the move! SO cute. He is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, he's soooo stinkin' cute! You've got your hands full now that he's on the move!

    ReplyDelete