Friday, February 25, 2011

9 Months!

There is always something new in our house! Owen learns something daily. Now not only is he pulling up to everything and anything but he's starting to WALK around it. Yep, I said it he's starting to walk while holding on to things. He is very quick at crawling and gets everywhere he needs to go. He waves "Bye Bye" and now says "Da Da" all.the.time! Still only 2 teeth on the bottom. I put my finger in his mouth to check his top and he bit me so I won't do that again. His 9 month wellness appointment is next week. I'm anxious to get his stats, my guess is he is still around 50 percentile. He's still a little peanut to me. I'll try and get another post done with all his 9 month stats. I've been contemplating moving up his appointment because he's been sick for about 2 weeks with a runny nose and cough. I've been waiting it out but starting to wonder if he may need an antibiotic.
He still loves his babysitters, as do we!
I started a new job a couple of weeks ago and it has been great. We are much busier but are starting to get the hang of the new routine and we get to all ride together in the mornings! My days and weeks have started to fly by even more than before with my new job. 
I'm a little sad, my breast milk stash has dwindled. I have enough for about 1-2 weeks left. I try and tell myself that keeping Owen on breast milk for 9 months is something to be proud of but I always have a little bit of guilt. If I could have kept pumping just a few months longer he could have made it to the 1 year mark. I surpassed my goal of 6 months and just hope I'm lucky enough to be able to do the same thing with baby #2 someday.  I'm going to talk to the Dr about when he can start transitioning to cows milk which I think is around 1 year. So formula it will be for about 3 months, not that I have anything against formula (except for the $$).
Some exciting news in our family, my BABY sister is engaged :)



2 comments:

  1. He's getting so big! The time flies. Such a happy baby...looks like you are doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! And don't beat yourself up about breast milk. 9 months is fantastic! I nursed for 8.5 before Brayden just gave up on it totally. We did straight formula until 11 months, and then I started mixing it half and half with whole milk until he was a year old. The half and half transition helped me know if he would have any allergies to it, but if you are skeptical, talk to your pediatrician first! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete