Monday, February 7, 2011

Sick Boy

Sickness has been surrounding our house for the last 2 weeks. Merrick went to the Dr a couple of weeks ago because he was afraid he had strep since it was going around his office. He ended up testing positive for Influenza A. That was a Friday so I quarantined him to our room for 24 hours until his antibiotics kicked in and he wasn't contagious.
Fast forward to this week and about Tuesday I was starting to feel a little under the weather. Being snowed in their was little I could do to stay away from O man and by Thursday (I had the week off) it was just me and O and I was so sick. Unfortunately Mommys don't get sick days. My Mom did come over for a little while and I rested. I was pretty sure their was no way to avoid Owen getting sick. I sanitized my hands constantly but we were in close quarters for 5 days straight, right by my side! By Saturday he was very cuddly and extremely warm. Took his temp and sure enough he had a fever 102.7. All day Saturday he laid on my lap cuddled and took naps. It broke my heart, he had never been that sick. He still ate a little bit and I just made sure he had fluids which he would chug out of his sippy! Saturday was a long night of him being uncomfortable, I let him sleep with us so I could comfort him and watch his fever.

 Needless to say none of use slept well which made us all feel much worse in the morning. Sunday he still was a sick little boy until his afternoon nap when his fever broke and then POOF my little boy was coming back :) He was still very stuffy and constant runny nose but he actually wanted to play a little bit. It was a huge relief. I was so worried about him after running a temp for over 24 hours.  Today he is acting so much better. Still the runny nose, which he has learned that when I come with the kleenex he makes it impossible to wipe it! Phew glad that's over, it was a long weekend! Both Owen and I are feeling better but....as I type this Merrick can't stop sneezing and is constantly blowing his nose! I guess here comes round 4. Is it spring yet?!?!










1 comment:

  1. Aww, look at those red feverish cheeks! Poor guy. Glad he is on the mend. It is SO tough when they are sick. I feel for ya momma! Brandon and I had the flu at the exact same time. Try entertaining a toddler while sharing a bathroom! not fun.

    ReplyDelete