Saturday we got Owen's 1 year pictures taken. It was a BEAUTIFUL day for it. I was so glad because I had the outfit picked out which included shorts. He was well behaved, ornery as usual but cooperated as much as you would expect from a 11 month old. At the end we wanted a few with cake, he wanted nothing to do with the cake. He sat in the grass with cake all over his hands yelling "Momma, Dadda....) Hopefully he will loosen up a little before his birthday! Saturday night I wanted to color Easter eggs just like we did when I was younger. It was a neat idea, but with Owen would rather dump over the coloring and throw the eggs.
Sunday morning we woke up when Owen decided to get up, which was around 6:30. I laid his Easter basket out the night before, and as my Mom pointed out I laid it out just like she did/does. I guess you pass down traditions even with the littlest things. Owen loved his Easter Basket, especially the $1 blue ball. He gets so excited when we play with it. He will stand up on it and let go, I'm thinking the ball will give him the confidence to stand alone. Last week I noticed he liked to stack blocks so I got him a dump truck with a few blocks. He puts stuff in the dump truck and then dumps it out, over and over again. I just love watching him pick up on things so quickly.
We then got all dressed up and went to church. Owen was not digging his dress clothes as much as everyone else. He was a busy boy in church this week. Daddy had to take him to the back to get some fresh air, he was SOOO hot and sweaty.
Some new things for the 11 month old:
Pointing at things we wants
Pouting and getting mad when we say no
Standing without assistance (briefly)
Eating more table food for meals, some new favorites include grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly, ham. I'm starting to run out of ideas for quick and healthy meals.
Holding everything to his ear acting like it's a phone
Pointing the controller at the TV to turn it on
Fascinated with all buttons
Stacking blocks
ALWAYS on the go and busy
Hard to believe the next monthly post will be for my 1 year old! His birthday party is coming together. Merrick finished our landscaping outside and it looks wonderful. That was one thing I was very concerned with because he leaves in a couple of weeks for a work meeting in Orlando and I wanted to make sure that was done before the party.
I used this picture for the invites, can you guess our theme :)
Happy 11 months sweet boy! Love you so much!

We have to get Owen and Brynlee together soon! I know she would just LOVE it! Adorable pics! Hope everything is going well for you! Haven't seen you guys in FOREVER!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe he will be a year old already! :) What cute photos! Hopefully he enjoys his birthday!
ReplyDelete