I Decided to take Owen to the Dr today after a few sleepless nights , bad cough and runny nose. Sure enough double ear infection. Of course it would happen on a day Merrick and I rode together to work AND our car is in the shop. Luckily Merrick's Mom came to the rescue and was able to take Owen and I home. I could tell by looking at him he was feeling icky. I'm glad I stuck with my Mommy instincts and took him regardless of no car and a very busy day at work. He always comes first! After the Dr we picked up meds and came home. He had lunch then took a good nap with the help of an antibiotic and Motrin. I'm sure he feels and sleeps better in his own cozy bed.

After a few hour nap he woke up I think feeling a little better. We are hanging out watching Mickey and playing a little in between.

Between the cold, ear infection and teeth he's getting it makes for a sad, clingy boy. I really know he's not feeling well when he snuggles or sits still for more than a few seconds. At the Dr's office he even almost feel asleep on my lap, now that is very unusual! I have to admit I love the extra time with my baby but hate to see him in pain. I'll be very glad for summer and hopefully less colds!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Poor thing! I hope he feels better soon. I have a sick one too :( It is no fun. It's so hard trying to give Lauren the attention that she wants and she deserves when Kaelin is so clingy and whiney. Does the antibiotic give him diarrhea? The first dose that Kaelin was on did not, but he put her on a new med that she will start tomorrow and the first side effect says "diarrhea". I am nervous that it will dehydrate her too! Any advice?
ReplyDelete