We had another first today, maybe not the most exciting first as a Mother but it was first. Our morning started out a little differently than normal because Merrick and I drove to work separate. I was having dinner with a friend so Merrick was going to pick up Owen from the sitter and bring him home. I left about 5 minutes in front of Merrick since I was taking Owen to daycare. He was acting totally normal, sat in his highchair nibbled on some Cheerios and waited while I got all of stuff rounded up and put in the car. He kissed Daddy good-bye and we were off. He chatted with me as normal and played with his little laptop. About half way through our commute I smelled something funny and thought "oh that's great he's going to show up at the Sitters with a poopy diaper". He continued to talk and play and everything was good. We pulled up at Val's house and I opened the back door to find my sweet boy covered in puke! It covered his hair, his clothes, his blankie, laptop and carseat. I just stood there and looked at him. Lacy or Val always meet us at the door and Lacy must have saw the disgust in my face because she opened the door. I told her Owen puked all over and out she came with paper towels and wipes. I took Owen out and striped him down in the yard and took him inside (throughout gagging). While we got Owen situated inside sweet Lacy was out cleaning up my car. We took his temperature and it was normal. He did not even make a peep, I had no idea he puked! Obviously his car seat is turned around but I do have a mirror that I check often to see what he is up to. I didn't want to leave him at daycare in case he was sick and he also needed a bath. Luckily Merrick's Mom was not busy so I took him over there. He enjoyed spending the day with Grammy and his Uncles. He seems to be a little bossy after a day with them, must be because he gets everything he request :)
I have no idea what caused the upset stomach...car sick, bad milk? I stopped and got him new milk just in case but didn't notice anything strange with the milk he had when he woke up. It was not the best way to start my day, but felt so bad for my little guy. He may have rode 45 minutes sitting in his own puke without make a peep or signaling he was not feeling the best. I will say, this is nothing like when he spit up. I could handle that no problem...now that he's a "big" boy it's a little different. He's had a rough 3 weeks, ran a fever a couple days, teething and now puking
Here is another first, we have started to brush his 5 little teeth. He's a natural.

Tuesday night we went to the Cornbelter's game for work. I was in front of the stadium passing out tickets to our consultants when this bad boy starting moving in.

I am terified of storms! Merrick and Owen were already up at the field so I was hoping they were taking cover. I really had nowhere to go and the rain came in quick and hard! Me and my co-worker ran to the car once we realized we had no where to go. Were were drenched! After texting my Husband and finding out they were safe and dry, chilling in a VIP room, we waited out the storm in the car. The game wasn't cancelled but most everyone left. We stayed a few innings until Owen was tired and bored. I would like to make it back on a nicer day, the field is very nice! We have another outing in July at the Peoria Chiefs game, hopefully we will have better luck!
I am sorry that he got sick! Baby puke is no fun, but toddler puke is just nasty. Lauren, on her first birthday, puked all.night.long and was fine for a few days and then puked again. We both had caught a stomach bug of some sort. It was awful. I'm glad that he is feeling much better!
ReplyDeleteBrayden did this to me once, without warning, with one of my favorite meals- Chicken and Rice. I had to clean it out of every crevice of the couch, and I was home alone. I still can't eat it! But he was just fine! I went and bought new milk, too, but still...I always wonder!
ReplyDelete