Saturday, July 16, 2011

Working for the weekend

Today was wonderful, we stayed home all day! This never happens during the week or on the weekends, so it was a special occasion. It felt great to not have a single thing on the agenda. We got a lot of things done that were far overdue. Usually our window of time to get household items done is very short. Either while Owen naps or while he eats and is in his high chair. Last night while Owen was dumping out my Mom's cabinets she said "no wonder your house is usually a mess". Yep, pretty much. Between my little boy that is on the go ALL.THE.TIME. and the fact that during the week we are home very little. We normally get home from work around 6 just in time to fix up some dinner, play with Owen for a bit, bath time and bed. Then I have a little time to myself to catch up on everything and fall asleep on the couch. Then our weekends are usually jammed packed as well, but we always say we love our on the go lifestyle. It's just always nice to slow down for awhile and enjoy each other!
As I mentioned Owen is on the go all the time. He's walking everywhere now, no crawling at all. He started fully walking everywhere 4th of July weekend. Even though it means he's into everything now it's nice because he LOVES to be outside and it's much easier on his little knees. He's been forming a little attitude as well and testing his limits. This is new to Merrick and I and we are still trying to figure out the best form of discipline. He seems to be throwing tantrums a lot when he doesn't get exactly what he wants, so we just ignore him until he calms down. He catches on to things very quickly. He wanted a toy open tonight and screamed at Merrick to open it. Merrick just kept saying "open please" and Owen would nod and smile. He eventually would nod before Merrick would even ask if he wanted it open. He's so funny and is starting to act goofy (just like his dad).
He's been talking a lot. His favorite word right now is "mine", everything is his! He waves at everyone when we say bye bye. Including when I put him to bed he waves his little hand at me, talk about melting your heart. It's amazing how much he understands. He knows when we ask him a questions because he either nods yes or no. We like to think he knows what we are asking but I'm not sure.



I even had time to get out my camera instead of iPhone!

He loves getting dirty and water

Britta likes his pool too

My little man

Once he found the hose he carried it everywhere with him, I should show him how to water the flowers!



He tries to do everything his Daddy does!

See any resemblance?

So fun! 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the last picture! What a ham! I totally know what you mean…they change so much from day to day and develop so quickly…it fills my heart with joy as I'm sure it does yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so stinkin' cute! They are fun when they are on the move, but they sure are destructive!

    ReplyDelete