I'm officially on maternity leave, with no baby. I'm trying my best to be patient, but it's starting to get to me. I'm pretty uncomfortable with lots of lower pressure.
At the Dr today, I was "almost" 2 cm and 50% still. She assured me that I have made progress and if I needed induction I would only need the pitocin rather than the bulb and meds she was thinking last week. I'm still holding hope that he will come on his own. I'm only 1 day overdue today which is not unheard of. I can't help but wonder if maybe my body just doesn't know how to go into labor on it's own since last time I was induced it's hard to tell. Dr. said baby boy was low and engaged like he should be. His heart rate was great, around 150 bpm and I'm still getting regular movements, so nothing to worry about there. Please just say a little prayer that baby boy will come on his own when he's ready of course! I joke that he's already like his Dad, never in a hurry and often late. For the meantime I'm going to cherish my days at home alone with Owen. Very soon I'm sure my days will turn to chaos, but I'm ready...I think.

You are doing great Jill! Your body can go into labor on its own! Take lots of walks, (if you have a yoga ball sitting on that helps) if no yoga ball sit indian style on the floor with Owen and play games (opens up pelvis) or do squats (ha! What 40 week pregnant women wants to do those!)....Hope this isn't TMI. Abbie was almost a week overdue and she finally came on her own. Many of my friends were closer to 2 weeks over and their babies finally came. Not that you want to wait that long, but you aren't alone in waiting and no one blames you if you choose not to wait longer either :) Hope this isn't overstepping my bounds....just wanted to encourage you that your body can do labor and I understand how hard it is at 40 weeks to not want to wait anymore! Can't wait to see pics of his sweet face!!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteCome on baby McLean! Hang in there Jill!!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work and enjoy your time with Owen!!! Little man will be here soon :)
ReplyDeleteHang in there! You look great, and soon he will be here! :)
ReplyDelete