Monday, January 4, 2010

19 Weeks 1 day

Week 19
This is an impressive week for growth! The baby will increase in weight to 8 ounces (227 grams)! If you are having a girl, her ovaries now contain primitive egg cells. Lanugo appears all over the baby's body. This fine hair will remain until birth draws nearer. Sometimes you can still see some on the baby's face and ears after birth.
Permanent teeth buds are forming behind the already formed milk teeth buds.



A lot has happened in the last week! Including the turn of the decade, we are welcoming 2010 with open
arms. We have so much to look forward to. For New Years Eve we had people over to our house for a party, it was a great time even though after midnight I was dozing off on the couch. No one seemed to care. We then spent Friday basically resting and recovering from staying up until 3am on Thursday night. The weekend was full of R&R, just what I needed.

Saturday Kerri and Kaysie came to visit our house! It was a great afternoon, I love having guest, especially since I did not get to see them last week. She's getting so big, amazing how she is turning into a little person.

 







Yesterday we were planning on going to Bloomington to return some Christmas gifts but it was so frigid cold out I didn’t feel much like going out and I wasn’t feeling the best. My wonderful Husband took down the tree and all the Christmas decorations for me. Then we bundled up and headed to Wal-Mart for a few things.

Those that have been to our house will be happy to know we finally bought blinds and curtains for our front room! Without the Christmas tree up you could see right through the house. We just bought some at Wal-Mart but they look pretty darn good. Merr hasn’t got the blinds up yet but the curtains will work until he gets around to it.




I've been feeling a lot of movement from the little one. This weekend I put my hand over it and thought I felt it from the outside too. I haven’t been able to catch it again though. Our Dr's appointment was moved to next Wednesday since originally we had scheduled it during one of Merrick's classes and it was his first class of the semester. One day won't kill us, so it doesn’t matter because he won’t be missing this appointment! Merrick and I have been going back and forth on finding out the sex of Baby McLean. Last week I was having anxiety about not finding out the sex and mentioned it to Merr. He reassured me this decision was ultimately up to me since I'm carrying the baby and whatever I felt he would support. He still did not want to find out and keep it a surprise to the end knowing that if we could wait we would not regret it. Well this week I've felt at ease with not knowing and just finding out that Baby McLean is healthy, and last night Merr said he's had feelings of wanting to know. Not for the superficial reasons but for the fact he thinks it would become more real for him and bring him closer to his son or daughter. So....we are still debating and may if still feel this way at the appointment have the Dr write down the sex on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope. Never knew this decision would be so hard! Stay tuned....
Nana (Merr's Grandma) said that it took her awhile to show with the boys in the family and with the girls she showed right away. Maybe that's the same in my case. Compared to others I've seen I dont have a baby belly at all. Could mean a boy???



Right now as most know, our dogs are our babies! Which is why I mention them in every post?
When I was taking pictures of the curtains Britta was following me and "posing" for the camera knowing what I usually do with the camera, take pictures of her!! This is exactly what she would do, follow me and stop in front of me and pretty much smile!


and again....

 
Then I'm not the only one that was craving Jambalaya for dinner, I look in the kitchen to find Miles standing on his back legs trying to reach the sausage I cooked. What a rascal.



He's usually a Mommy's boy but not tonight, he was mad I didnt give him any of my dinner so he sucked up to Dad.  They arent going to know what to do when the baby comes!


Tomorrow we are heading to Mom's for dinner before she leaves for Florida. Her and Kelly just got back from Memphis. Kelly's cheerleading squad danced at half time of the Liberty Bowl! How awesome, Sounds like they had a good time! I watched the whole game in hopes they would air the half time show but only showed a few minutes. It looked like a packed house though! Can't believe my little sis is graduating high school in May.





-M&J

No comments:

Post a Comment