Wednesday, May 5, 2010

36 Weeks!

Everything is starting to get REAL, like real real!!
Went to the Dr yesterday for my weekly appointment. I was anxious for the appointment to see if what I've been feeling have been contractions. Saturday night I felt more than just the tightness but more of pains, nothing I was able to time though. I was a nervous wreck! It's still a little early for lil guy to make his appearance! Finally I was able to relax and go to sleep and Sunday I was feeling better. Yesterday at my appointment they checked my cervix and I am 1 cm dilated and 30% effaced. Now I'm just on the watch out! I know everyone is different so I really have no expectations; I could stay at 1 cm for another 3 weeks or could progress this week. Now I'm anxious for my next appointment. Sunday we will be at 37 weeks, and officially full term :)

Everything looked good at the appointment, BP, tested my iron, and my first internal. I met with the Nurse Practioner because Dr was busy. I don't mind because they are great too, she sat and talked with us about what to watch for and when to call the Dr or go to the hospital.

So far I have the baby's bag packed, Merrick is packed (he did it Saturday night) and we have the cameras charged and ready. Just need to finish getting my bag ready...I have a few things laid out but that's all. Merrick asks me about 3 times a day if I'm packed yet. I keep promising by Friday I will have everything ready, I have no idea why I'm procrastinating.

And....I'm officially to the point of being very uncomfortable. So after Sunday he is welcome to make his appearance whenever HE is ready.

On another note, yesterday didn't start off the best and I was a little worried how the rest of the day would go, but it turned out to be pretty good. Merrick is in finals week so he is beyond stressed and working very hard at finishing the semester off great so luckily he was home when I left for work since he had a final at 10. I heard a water noise coming from the laundry room when I left and yelled to Merrick something sounded weird in the laundry room. About 20 minutes later he called and our water heater went to craps! It was leaking all over the floor, luckily he was home, which on a normal day wouldn't have been the case and no one would have noticed it until 6:30 that night and we would have had a lot of water! So we know a great plumber :) my Grandpa. Merrick turned off the water and headed to his final. My Grandpa came over and changed the water heater, luckily it was under warranty! phew that's an expense we were not budgeting for.

Then our Dr appointment went well...

Then I was a winner!! I NEVER win! Thank you to Julie @ Back to the basics for the awesome mixing bowl!

Sunday we had our maternity pictures done (36 weeks) I wasn't completely sold on getting them done because I feel huge and just not that attractive if you know what I mean. Well, I will admit I'm so glad we got them done. Laura @ Laura Elliott Photography did an AMAZING job! I'm so excited to be able to share ALL the pictures but until Baby McLean is born, some can not be revealed. These are just some of my favorites:





Pregnancy: 36 weeks 3 days

Weight Gain: Up another pound on Tuesday, so hopefully that means it's starting to slow down because I'm about out of pants that fit!

Sleep: Not so great, but I'll take what I am getting!

Gender: Boy!

Name: Baby McLean ;)

Feeling: Anxious...and uncomfortable.

Movement: He's is still pretty active.

Belly: Very stretched out and tight, still measuring right on @ 36 weeks

Food cravings/aversions: Still really not cravings anything particular, I've started to eat smaller meals so I don't feel so bad after eating and I don't have as much of an appetite lately probably because lil guy is taking up so much room now.

Next Dr. appointment is next Tuesday. We have a busy weekend! I have Friday off since I worked last Saturday so planning on getting a pregnancy massage and pedicure (a wonderful gift from my friend Keli) on , getting errands done so I can finish getting the stuff for the hospital together and a few other loose ends. Saturday my little sister Kelly has prom, her last one hard to believe!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you won the bowl! :) I LOVE your maternity pics. Laura is awesome!

    ReplyDelete