Thursday, May 13, 2010

37 Weeks!!

Your Baby: Month 9


At week 37, your pregnancy is considered full term, meaning baby is likely to thrive after birth. Baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which you’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) you worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of your womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.


We have had a busy week! First of all Merrick got me a new camera for Mother's Day! I was so excited I have been hinting towards it for awhile, mine was just not taking very good pictures. Of course I'll need a good one when the little guy comes. He got me the Nikon Coolpix L110. It's awesome! It's not too complicated but still has enough options to take great pictures. I'm still learning with it but have taken over 300 pictures since Saturday. I'll sum up our week in pictures :)
Friday night I had a Lia Sophia open house, and wanted to of course try out my new camera.

 Saturday Kelly had her last prom! To say the least she looked beautiful as always. It was a little sad, I've always done her makeup for her dances.








Sunday we celebrated Mother's day by going to church then spending the afernoon with my family and the evening with Merrick's family. It was a long but great day.


Love you Mom!!!




Mom and Blaine came over tonight. Mom always cleans my house (love her) and cooks dinner for us on Thursdays. The boys played some baseball.


P.S. right after this Merr bailed mowed the yard :)


Pregnancy: 37 weeks 4 days

Sleep: Getting worse, my nesting instincts have also kicked into gear. So lately I've been wide awake at 3am thinking about things I need to get done.

Gender: Boy!

Name: Baby McLean ;)

Feeling: Uncomfortable and ready!! The swelling in my feet has returned in full force. Today luckily I had flip flops with me so I could change at work. I had my most comfortable flats on and my feet looked like they were ready to explode out of them. Even the flip flops are uncomfortable but at least I can walk in them.

Movement: I still feel him moving from side to side. His head is resting on my pelvic area which sometimes is painful when he hits a nerve or I have a full bladder!

Belly: Measuring right on still, 37 weeks! People are saying I looked like I've "dropped".

Tuesday at the Dr, everything was looking good! Still at 1 cm and about 30%. Dr says this is typical with first time pregnancys to stay the same until full blown labor. He could feel the head low and baby is in the right direction! Merrick asked what he estimated his size to be, which right now he said between 6.5-7.5 lbs. He also said "he won't be a 6 pounder". He is estimating at 40 weeks baby McLean will probably be around 8.5 pounds. So we may have a little chunker on our hands!!


4 comments:

  1. Jill so excited for you guys as you start this new part of your lives! Can't wait to see pictures from his debut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO close! I can't wait to know his name and see his precious little face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jill -
    congrats! hope everything goes smoothly for you over the next few weeks! how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SIS!! :)

    I cant NOt wait for the little man to get here! Every baby I see anymore i keep thinking Ah I am going to be aunt in 2 weeks (or LESS)!
    :D YAY!!

    ReplyDelete