Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Part I

I've been really wanting to blog again, our lives are changing and moving along so fast it's hard to find the time but I love going back and reading where we were. So hopefully I can keep up now! I also got a new IPad for Christmas so maybe that will help. I'll just start with Christmas and move forward.
We had such a wonderful Christmas this year, I might even say it was the best yet. I didn't feel like we were running around from one place to the next, even though we did fit everyone in. Our Christmas weekend started on Friday, Merrick and I both took off to get our house cleaned up and ready to host Christmas Eve with my Dad and Mom. I also found a little present while vacuuming under the couch, my diamond I lost out of my setting over a year ago! I was about a second away from vacuuming it up when it caught my eye. I couldn't believe it. I'll be taking that back in to get set back in my setting. I did get a replacement from our insurance policy but it never felt right.

Christmas Eve we went to Outback for lunch with Merrick's extended family, then headed over to Church. I was a little nervous for Church because Owen didn't nap and he normally goes to the nursery but Christmas Eve is a family service. He did great! It helped that their was a lot of singing and even some Christmas carols plus his Aunt Amanda and Uncle Joe were there which kept him entertained. After church we headed home to get ready for dinner. My Dad, Kelly and Jordan, Mom and Mark, Amanda and Joe all came over. It was a very fun night! We had a lot to celebrate in addition to Christmas. BOTH my Sisters are now engaged and my little Sis and her Fiance were home from VA. I have to say even though my Parents are divorced I am so thankful they are able to come together around the Holidays, it makes things so much easier on us girls and of course my little man gets to have them all in one place at the same time which doesn't happen very often.




Christmas morning we woke up (or I should say I woke everyone up), I mean come on it was 7:30! Who sleeps until 7:30 on Christmas morning!? We opened our stockings then our gifts. Played with our new gifts a little then got ready for the day.



Okay, does Blogger make it impossible to upload pictures. This is annoying the heck out of me! Christmas Part II will have to wait until I have the patience to finish uploading more pictures. Right now it's time for bed, and unfortunately the start of a new work week....

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the iPad! I got one, too. LOVE it! Glad you found your diamond- that is lucky!

    ReplyDelete