For the last two weeks we have been working on taking away the Pacifier. The first few days were brutal, he constantly cried for the paci and we realized we gave it to him a lot more than we thought. It really didn't take him to long to forget about it especially after we made a game of it, when he asked for paci I acted goofy and threw "the paci" out the window. We decided to let him still have it in his bed only, it never left his crib. The Sitter then told us he wasn't even taking it for nap time so we followed suite. The first few nights were a piece of cake, I thought the paci was gone forever. That was until we all got sick, super sick....Last week we all had a horrible sinus infection/cold/couch/fever. When Owen cried two nights in a row for his paci for a hour, we decided it was time for our sanity and his to allow him to have the paci in his crib only again. I felt horrible and like a complete failure, but I was so sick and tired and so was he. I honestly think he will wean himself off of the bedtime paci when he is ready. He is also getting some of his final teeth and has been telling me they hurt, so I think maybe it gives him a little comfort. He never ask for it anymore, so I have to look at that as an accomplishment.
He's been talking so much, his vocabulary still blows me away. I sometimes find myself carrying conversations on with him like he's my friend. He makes me laugh all the time, just like his Daddy. He is getting better at communicating what he wants or needs, but when I don't understand he gets very frustrated. I'm sure that's pretty common with his age, since some stuff I pick up very quickly and some I don't at all.
Here are some pictures from the last few weeks, play dates, weddings etc.
Owen and Taylen playing together. Owen was such a big boy and shared all his toys with this pretty little lady.
Helping Momma clean
Even dusted the T.V.
Wes and Kristen's wedding
He was NOT a happy camper at the wedding. It was rough.
He did look spiffy though.
Jack, the busy busy boy.
Oh the paci- we have the same battle in our house. And Brayden is 2.5. I feel like a failure!
ReplyDeleteHis Under Armour shirt is awesome!