Sunday, June 24, 2012

2 year checkup/23 Weeks

Lots to update on this week. Owen had his 2 year check up last week. He has really shot up in height, he went from 50% at 18 months to 36 inchesh 86% at 2 years. He is around 29 lbs (55%). I was happy with his weight because he's not a very good eater. He has started to eat a little bit better the last few weeks though, and I'm thankful for that even if it's short lived. I was told to switch him from whole milk to 2%, little surprised about that. Owen is a great milk drinker. The Dr. M asked all the normal routine questions for two years olds. "Does he put words together", "Does he respond to your questions" etc. I answered oh ya he does, then Dr. M and I were talking about something else and Owen interrupted us with his ABC's, spelling his name and Twinkle Twinkle. It was so funny,  Dr M responded with "okay well that's great". Such a little show off.
During his appointment he was such a good boy and sat nice and quite for the Dr. M while she listened to his heart. She had some concern because she heard his irregular heartbeat again. When Owen was born his had a irregular heartbeat that was detected prior to him being born. They did an EKG in the hospital and found everything to be okay. Well he obviously still has it, she could hear it about every 5 beats. She sent us over to the hospital to have an EKG done and then referred us to the Cardiologist. He needed a chest x-ray done before seeing the Cardiologist so we got it all done after his appointment. The x-ray was traumatic, I had to leave the room since I was pregnant and I could hear him keep asking where I was and screaming. Merrick said he had to hold his arms up and the nurse held his legs down since he needed to be standing for the x-ray. Our next stop was the EKG, I was dreading it after the x-ray. Owen laid on the table and let the tech put on all the stickers and hook him up to the machine. He did not move a muscle, something had him very relaxed. The nurse couldn't believe it, she said he was the most well behaved kid she has ever done an EKG for before. I was very proud of him!
I got a call on Monday from his Dr. office. They said the EKG looked "good" but Dr. M still wanted us to see the cardiologist, that appointment is scheduled for July 2nd. Say a little prayer for Owen. I have really been at peace about it and not allowed myself to get too worked up. He has shown no signs of any problems and this was detected at birth. Dr. M said that if anything he would just need to be on medications. I'm happy we are going to the Cardiologist though, I would rather go to extremes to be sure everything thing is OK.
On a happier note, we spent a fun weekend in St. Louis for Father's day just the three (or 4 of us). Saturday we went to a very HOT Cardinals game then Sunday spent a few hours at the zoo before this Momma had enough of the heat!
After a long morning at the Dr and hospital
Big Brother hair cut!

Friday night boat ride
St. Louis Zoo
Happy Father's Day to an amazing Husband and Daddy!
His new thing "swimming" in the tub

Face of determination


Nana's pool
Side note: Owen stayed at my Mom's last night while we went to a wedding. Owen saw my Mom's dog Rosie pee in the rocks. So all day he would go over to the rocks to poop and pee (in his diaper). But he would tell everyone "Pooping in the rocks". I think it's time to work on the potty training....


Now to baby #2
How far along: 23 weeks
Weight Gain: 10 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Yes
Sleep: Wonderful!
Feeling: Still feeling great, exhausted after a long night at a wedding. So far I am still feeling a lot better than I did with Owen, hope it stays that way!
Food: Fruits and Sweets
Gender: Baby Brother!
Movement: Feeling a lot of movement, trying to catch it from the outside still.
Next Appointment: July 8th, 24 weeks Appointment



Wedding #2 of the summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment