Sunday, September 30, 2012

37 Weeks

37 weeks, holy cow!!! We are soon going to be a family of 4. I've been getting the question "are you ready" A LOT lately. I'm am ready to welcome this precious baby boy into our family. Part of me is worried and scared, how am I going to handle two boys? Am I going to be able to still show Owen the attention and love he needs from his Momma while also caring for a newborn? Those thoughts consume me, especially when Owen is throwing his lovely 2 year old tantrums. I really don't think there is anyway to prepare me for the changes we are about to experience, but I'm anxious and nervous for our next life changing event that is going to happen in the next 3 weeks. I have complete faith that Owen will be a wonderful, loving and caring big Brother. It already melts my heart. Even though he test our patience daily I wouldn't ask for anything else. I often need to remind myself to sit back and enjoy the ride and put all my faith in God because he already has a plan for us. 

Today we went to Radar's Farm, it was a blast.










Baby Boy #2
How far along: 37 weeks!
Weight Gain: Around 30 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Yes, I have my favorites and my jeans are NOT one of them. Anything tight on my thighs and legs right now makes me crazy. I've been sticking with skirts, yoga pants and luckily my work pants still are comfortable. 
Sleep: It's has gotten better. A few weeks ago I was waking up around 2AM each night and not getting back to sleep around 4:30 or 5. It's a combination of having too much on my mind and not being very comfortable. Lately thankfully I've been sleeping better, getting up to go to the bathroom a few times or get Owen back to sleep. Last night he had his first falling out of bed situation. Either that or he thought he was going to get up and got scared. Either way I woke up to him screaming for me and found him sitting on the floor in his room. 
Feeling: Decent, getting harder to get around. I'm very sore by the end of the day especially on the weekends when I'm really active and on my feet a lot. During the week it's not too bad because I mostly sit at a desk all day. Today we went to Radar Farms and I'm having some backaches and tons of pressure in my pelvic area. That comes with the territory at 37 weeks though...AH! 
Food: Nothing specific...I've been indulging the last few weeks and I'm sure the scale will show that. 
Gender: Baby Brother!
Movement: Still rocking and rolling 
Next Appointment: Next Monday, 38 weeks! My last appointment at 36 weeks I was starting to thin out  but no dilation. My Dr was on vacation this week and is booked solid next week so I opted to wait and go back next Monday which will leave me at 38 weeks.
We have got a lot done around the house, even though it feels like we still have a lot more to do. We cleaned out the garage last weekend, got all the baby stuff out of the attic, cleaned everything and got most of it ready to go. We FINALLY picked the this little boys name. 


Since I missed a few weeks...

Tess took our family pictures a few weeks ago and did an amazing job! You can't even tell that Owen wanted nothing to do with pictures. These are just a few of my favorites! 

35 weeks





Today 37 weeks


3 comments:

  1. You look GREAT Jill! So so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome! I can't wait to hear the news of the new little boys arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! Anxiously awaiting to hear of little man's arrival. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete