24 weeks, almost down to double digits! Every time I see the little baby on the side of my page I can't believe it.
We had our monthly (24 weeks) appointment on Monday, a routine appointment turned pretty interesting. Merrick originally was not going to be able to make it because of work, which I didn't mind because it was suppose to be a quick appointment. Well good thing he made it :)
Our appointment started off OK, I'm not a big fan of getting on the scale. The number I saw and a scale is not a good mix. This again like I've mentioned before is my downfall, I can't seem to accept the fact that I WILL gain weight. This month in particular my weight gain has almost doubled, but it's pretty obvious. I guess that’s what happens when I only gained 4 lbs in the first 3 months. The last two have been the biggest changes. Okay moving on....
A new Dr joining the office in 2011 came in to talk to us and answer my questions and do measurements. I actually know her, she use to babysit my sisters and I and her Mom is a friend of my Mom. I REALLY like her; she talked to us for about 10 minutes about my concerns and answered all of our questions in detail. I've been having some swelling in my feet and ankles and was concerned because I knew it happened but not at 24 weeks. She looked over all my monthly "stats" and everything looked normal. My blood pressure excellent and even looked better this month. She said that abnormal BP and swelling is usually a main concern and that the swelling I'm experiencing is most likely due to retaining water. Which I know and can feel I've been retaining water from day 1. Basically I just need to keep my feet up at night when possible.
Like I mentioned last appointment they noticed a bladder infection which was causing a lot of bloating. I was on antibotics for 5 days. At this appointment they noticed a few white blood cells in my urine so decided to send it to the lab for testing. I got a call today and everything looks good!
She measured my stomach; it was measuring around 26 weeks. So, the little or big boy is still measuring ahead some. I have a feeling he will come earlier than May 30, but that's just a hunch. As long as it doesn't fall on Auntie Kell's graduation May 21 :)
We heard his heartbeat which was strong and 140. Right when she placed the Doppler on my stomach she asked if I was feeling a lot of movement because she could hear big movements! Yep, he's a mover and kicker!
Dr. Dalton (the new Dr) wanted to make sure Dr. Nord didn't have anything else to go over. So here's the good part :) Side note: Dr Nord is about 6'4 and around 300 lbs (Merr's estimate). He comes in the little room w/ Dr. Dalton and looks at Merrick and says "have we taken your blood?" I sort of panic and ask why in the world they need his blood. Then he smiles and says well you have two options since your blood is O negative. I can either just get the Rh immunoglobulin (RhIg) injection or we can test Merrick's blood to determine if he is negative (which wouldn't require the shot) or positive which would require the injection. Of course I answer instantly "we can test him first" with a smile. So we switched spots, he took the patient spot on the table and prepared to have blood drawn like he has watched me do several times :) He's such a great Husband, didn't even hesitate.
Merrick called his grandparents after the appointment because he remembered his Granddad giving him blood when he was younger. Of course his Nana would remember what blood type he was, and thought she remembered he was O positive. So I was expecting that. His lab results came back and she was right, he is O positive so looks like I will be having the injection at my next appointment at 28 weeks. The Dr's office will refer me to the hospital for the injection. So next appointment will consist of my glucose testing and RhIG injection, OH BOY :) If I have you totally confused here is a link to the Rh factor for some medical explanation.
Our little guy has become a world traveler before even being born. Aunt Manda and Joe brought him back some cute little clothes from their cruise.
And Auntie Kell brought back a onesie from Texas when she visited Jordan at Basic.
Miles loves the belly and using it as a nice little pillow.
How far along: 24 weeks, 4 days
Maternity clothes: Wish they made maternity shoes :) I think I'll have to get some new shoes for my Bday. Currently nothing is comfortable, not even my UGGS :(
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Good! Merrick bought me a body pillow, makes it much easier to sleep.
Movement: I actually SAW my stomach move tonight; wish Merrick was home to witness it. It was so cool. He's starting to move up, I'm feeling it more towards my ribs now too.
Food cravings/aversions: No cravings at this moment
Gender: BOY!
Belly Button in or out: Still in, it's starting to get tender to touch which I'm pretty sure means it's stretching.
What I miss: Running, I know crazy. I'm really looking forward to getting back to running, wish I wouldn’t have stopped when I found out I was pregnant but just slowed down instead. I'm getting stir crazy! Looking forward to spring!
What I am looking forward to: Everything to come!
Milestones: Every day and week that pass is a milestone :) and seeing my stomach move from my strong boy.
-M&J
Our Home Addition: Construction Time
8 years ago
I also had to have the Rh shot- but only because Brandon is a HUGE chicken around needles and refused to have his blood drawn. Oh, and in case they don't tell you, they basically do it in your lower hip/butt. No one told me!
ReplyDeleteI have heard that! Was hoping it wasn't true :)
ReplyDeleteI got lucky and Trevor has the right blood, so I don't have to get the shot. I have to admit though, I was a bit nervous about what the results would come back like :)
ReplyDelete