Beginning this week, your baby (who is around 8 inches long and just over a pound) begins to pack on the pounds. In fact, by month's end your baby will be double the weight he is now.
Sorry I don't have any fruit comparisons for week 23.
I feel like a lot has changed in the last week or so. I've grown a lot, usually at night I feel very uncomfortable and have a lot of ligament pains from the stretching. Starting to not sleep as well, just think it's actually getting adjusted and use to my new belly. I just can't seem to find a comfortable position, I'm sure I will within the next 17 weeks, or I should say I better find one :)
Merrick laughs at me now because he says I "grunt" when I get into his truck (which sits higher than my car). I tell him it’s just not as easy anymore!
Last night we were reading about The Duggar baby (TLC show 19 Kids and Counting) she delivered her little girl at 24 weeks due to high blood pressure. That's about the same size and age of Baby McLean. It just made me be so thankful for EVERYTHING we are experiencing uncomfortable or not because that means he is growing stronger and preparing to come into this world healthy. We are so blessed, and it's been such an amazing experience so far and we thank God daily. As it gets closer (4 months to be exact) it's becoming more and more real.
Speaking of amazing....Merrick finally felt the little guy kick on Saturday night. The kicks have been getting more and more intense. Saturday morning I laid in bed and as he kicked I pressed on my stomach and he would kick right back at me. I laughed so hard, it was so fun and really the first time I had felt it from the outside. He still is hanging out pretty low, I've felt a few kicks or punches above my belly button but not too many most are low around my pelvic area. We have our 24 week appointment on Monday. I think it's just a routine visit, weight, pee in a cup, and listen to the heart rate on the doppler. Regardless, I look forward to my Dr. visits for once in my life :) At my 28 week appointment we will get another ultra sound to check my placenta placement to see if it's moved up, and I get to drink the nasty stuff to check my glucose and sugar levels.
How far along: 23 Weeks
Maternity clothes: Yes jeans and pants, and a size or a couple sizes bigger in shirts. I've noticed that most maternity clothes really are just a larger version of something you would normally buy but priced higher! I do have one maternity shirt that I love because it has the seams and elastic on the sides of the shirt. Otherwise I can wear normal clothes just get longer and larger
Stretch marks: None, I check every morning. Fingers crossed
Sleep: Not the best...
Movement: LOTS, he makes sure I know he is there.
Food cravings/aversions: I'm REALLY craving Olive Garden :)
Gender: BOY!
Belly Button in or out: Still hanging in there
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, and my normal jeans.
What I am looking forward to: Getting the Nursery together!
Milestones: Daddy feeling the little guy kick
Not the best picture for this week, I obviously took it myself but you can see the difference.
23 weeks (Sunday 01/31/10)
and my happy little Family, Britta was laying down too until she saw me get out the camera and had to pose.

You are looking great. Unfortunatly, the uncomfortable sleep never got better for me. I just could not get used to sleeping on my side. The bigger you get, the more you will start grunting getting in and out of bed too! :) To help me sleep I would take Tylenol PM or just Sleep time which is Tylenol PM without the Tylenol. Both were approved by my Dr.
ReplyDeleteI remember checking the mirror daily for stretch marks too. Mine appeared around week 31..on my birthday :( and from there I just got more and more. I am praying that you don't get any!! I love reading your blog. Good luck with everything
I am with Kristen on the Tylenol PM. That REALLY helped me sleep towards the middle and end of my pregnancy. And not to bust your bubble with the stretch marks, but I didn't have a SINGLE ONE until after he was born. I know. Horrible things. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the advice girls!
ReplyDelete