Monday, February 22, 2010

26 weeks!

Your Baby: Month 6
Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.


We are at 26 weeks, and if you take a peek at the little baby on the side only 97 days. Hard to believe we are now under 100!!

How far along: 26 weeks 1 day

Maternity clothes: Of course

Stretch marks: Not yet

Sleep: Good, I've been waking up sweating like a pig lately. Poor Merr, I toss and turn all night. He doesnt seem to notice though.

Movement: Lil guy woke me up around 5am with the hiccups then had them again later in the morning. I could tell the difference because they were constant, didn't last very long though just about a minute. A friend I work with told me that it's a good chance once he starts having hiccups he will have them the rest of the pregnancy and after he is born. Her little girls still has them daily.
He seems to have moved up, I've been getting some kicks to the ribs recently. Makes me sit up straight!

Food cravings/aversions: Chocolate :) That's just because I crazily gave up chocolate (excluding hot chocolate and chocolate milk) for Lent. How crazy am I? Pregnant and no chocolate??

Gender: BOY!

Belly Button in or out: In

What I miss: Clothes that I'm comfortable in...but really I'm trying to enjoy everything in pregnancy.

What I am looking forward to: Getting his crib, my wonderful Grandma bought lil guy his crib. It's such a relief to have it on it's way. That was a large purchase for us! It should be here anyday! Maybe it will arrive on my Bday (tomorrow). It will be so real when we have that set up in his room.
Here is the picture, it's from Target. Of course I'll post some pictures when we get it set up. We already have the dresser, which I just need to change the handles to match the crib.
We have also decided to do a decal on the wall instead of a painting. My sister and I were looking at etsy.com LOVE this site. So many cute things especially for a Jungle theme nursery. I think this is the route we are going, and putting it behind the crib. The nursery is lime green.




Milestones: Lots of movement, hiccups, and ordering his crib. Next on to getting registered!

And here are my 26 week pictures, two pictures this week. I'm not a big fan of taking these pictures but I'm sure I will someday looking back. I feel like I look HUGE and feel better not seeing them :) But I have to remember all that matters is my little man and him being healthy!




-M&J

4 comments:

  1. Oh,Jill you are so cute!! Jaxin had the hiccups all the time when I was pregnant and he is 12 weeks today and still has them daily!! I love the monkey hangin from the tree..that will look cute in Little Man's room! Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great and I love the idea of the wall decal! Isn't etsy amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were looking at the same crib. When you get it, will you tell me what you like/dislike about it? I wish you could go to the store to see them instead of just having to look online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! So excited for you... as you can see, I haven't been keeping up with facebook or I would've known this before you were 26 weeks!

    You look absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete