Monday, March 8, 2010

28 Weeks!!

28 Weeks, offically in 3rd Trimester! 12 weeks to go.
We had a nice weekend, amazing how much the weather can change your mood. I'm so sick of this winter weather. Saturday really brightened my mood, the dogs loved it too. Britt spent the whole day outside, loving every second.


Funny story...usually when Britt is out of the room Merrick just has to yell her name and she comes running. Well one night she was no where to be found so Merrick went through the house looking for her and this is what he found...on our bed (she is not allowed on our bed by the way). Seriously?? I always say she is a human stuck in a dogs body.  She did not move either until I told her to get off the bed. She posed like this while Merrick yelled at me to come and look after I said "no I'm not gettin up" several times. Finally after realizing it must be something unbelievable waddled off the couch, I looked then went and found the camera meanwhile she did not move a muscle. It was the funniest thing. She has a very big personality to say the least.
Here is Miles looking at her wondering what in the world is going on.....

Saturday afternoon, my Sister and I finished up my registering and had lunch. Saturday night we spent time with friends and had fun at a benefit for one of our friends "Glam N Jam 4 Jill". It was fun but I was not use to being up that late :)


Had my 28 week Dr. appointment today, everything went great. Passed my sugar test, they were actually very happy with the results. The cut off is 130 and I was way below at 94. Talked to the Dr for a split second, measured my belly which is measuring around 29 weeks and heard the little guy's heart rate. It was fast today at 169 probably because of the sugary drink I took for the test. He was wide awake and moving my entire stomach. I was given the drink, which let me add was not bad just tasted like a sugary Hawaiian Punch.  Then saw the Dr during my 1 hour wait for the blood work which was just a prink on the finger. I played Mario Cart on my DS while waiting the rest of the hour and had to stop a few times because he was rocking my stomach around so much, it was rather entertaining. Doc said everything looks great. I will have my next appointment at 32 weeks, then every 2 weeks after that! Crazy, it's crunch time!! They now said I will have an ultrasound at my 34 week appointment to determine the placenta placement, if it hasn’t moved up we will discuss birth options (c-section more likely). I have a feeling it has moved up though, that's just my intuition. I'm getting my Rhogam shot tomorrow because I had to make a separate appointment to have that done at the hospital.

How far along: 28 weeks 1 day

Maternity clothes: Yes, I prefer Merrick's sweatpants and T-shirts at this point

Stretch marks: No, check every morning and applying Palmer's like it's going out of style. Lately my stomach has been so itchy!

Sleep: Well last night was offically the first night I moved to the couch because I was not able to sleep. I usually fight it and lay around but last night after a couple hours of tossing and turning I woke up Merrick and told him I was moving to the couch to try and get comfortable. I wanted to make sure he would wake up when the alarm went off, but I layed on the couch even until the alarm went off. Of course I fell asleep about 20 minutes before I had to get up and get ready for work. Oh well, first of many sleepless nights.

Movement: A lot and often, I love it. He moves my entire stomach now.

Food cravings/aversions:
Enough said....My Husband ordered the cookies this year at work. I love him :)

Gender: BOY!

Belly Button in or out: It depends, after I eat and stuff myself it's mostly out :)

What I miss: Sleeping comfortably

What I am looking forward to: Still waiting for the crib to be set up. It was planned for yesterday but Merrick had to deliver a washer and dryer we had in storage for 2 years,  we finally sold it! So I'll give him that one. But soon, very soon!

They were taking picutres at the Glam N Jam and the girls forced me to get one of my belly. They turned out pretty cute though :)




-M&J

4 comments:

  1. ahh! my belly itched so bad towards the end. I would dig and dig. I couldn't help it. One time I scratched so hard that I made myself bleed. That's when I knew I had to do something. I just got a benadryl cream and just rubbed it on my belly 3 or 4 times a day. Kevin would also grab and hold on to my hands if we were sitting together on the couch. It was torture! You are on the homestretch! These next few weeks will fly by. I will be praying that your placenta has migrated. I was relieved when they did an ultraound at 36 weeks and mine had migrated up!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that you have good news about your placenta placement, but in hindsight, I was very happy with my C-section. :) It's not ALL bad. I can't believe you are in the home stretch! It goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at those belly pics!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures turned out great! They will provide you with so many memories. Time is going to go by fast for you, enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete