We have had a very eventful week/weekend. Last Tuesday was my birthday and I got some great gifts. Lil guy got some great stuff too, actually most the gifts were for lil guy. I am so greatful for everything! His crib came in just waiting to be set up by Merrick. I find myself going into his room often, organizing the clothes and just picturing the room when it is here. Mom and I went and registered on Friday since I had it off work. That was a bit overwhelming, I've been getting some help from friends that recently had babies though, there are just so many decisions!!
We went to Chicago Saturday night and ate at The Melting Pot, all I can say is it's a pregnant woman's dream! and YES I had to cheat and eat chocolate, there was just no way around it. It was amazing! Here are some pictures from Chicago. This is in our hotel room which was right on Michigan Ave, so nice!
Fresh fruit and sparkling water in our room
Heading to dinner
Finally a coat that fits :) thanks Mom!
A dozen roses waiting at the table for me
And then our dinner, first course cheese
Then the main course. We cooked the meat in the fondue which was an oil.
Now..the best part!! a slice of heaven dipped in chocolate. The chocolate we picked was turtle and it was amazing to say the least!
And they brought us a celebration drink, ginger ale for me and champagne for Merr
Ending to a great night!
Sunday morning we headed out to Michigan Ave and found a nice little diner for breakfast
How far along: 27 weeks 2 days
Maternity clothes: This is a given
S
tretch marks: No
Sleep: Pretty good lately
Movement: I think I feel and can see every move he makes, I love it. Merrick and I like to just watch my stomach move. Merrick says the lil guy is hanging pictures in his room, ha
Food cravings/aversions: Nothing particular, Merrick is amazed I havent had any cravings. I always love ice cream though
Gender: BOY!
Belly Button in or out: In
What I miss: all the things I've already mentioned. I have frequent break downs lately about my weight gain and not feeling like myself then I have to remember it's all for a purpose, an amazing purpose.
What I am looking forward to: Setting up his crib, it just sits in his room in a box and taunts me. Hopefully we can get to it Sunday
And the dresser we had already bought, matches perfect.
My 27 week picture, thought I would compare to 18 weeks since I have the same dress on. I'll try and get into the dress again at 37 weeks :)
and Merrick was trying to be a photographer, turned out pretty cool though.
Monday is our 28 week Dr. appointment. Glucose testing and shot, I'll have a lot to report about next week.
-M&J



Registering is definitely overwhelming and there are some things I wish I wouldn't have registered for! Hindsight is 20/20 I guess! And what a romantic dinner! I am so jealous! :) We haven't been on a date YET and we are itching.
ReplyDelete