Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Another day in paradise

Feels like I JUST updated with my 2 week blog! Where do the days go? Everyone constantly tells me "enjoy it, he will grow up so fast" Well that is so true. I look at Owen everyday in amazement of the changes. He is still a peanut but starting to fill out his newborn clothes.
This is the outfit we brought him home from the hospital in, he had a little belly in it last night! He's so cute I take probably a hundred pictures a day.

I'm sure he is gaining weight well, last Thursday at the Dr he was up to 7lbs 11 oz, which was an 11 oz gain in a week! He is nursing and eating like a champ. We have had some struggles with spitting up, it's sporatic though. Sometimes he will spit up like a fountain and drench both of us and sometimes not a drop. We are just trying to figure out the factors involved. Could be his postion, something I ate that day, eating too fast. I don't know but we will figure it out until then I make sure I'm prepared for a milk shower :)
He is getting better at burping so hopefully that will make a difference. Daddy gives him a bottle at nighttime so we can give him his vitamins in it. Daddy knows the best way to feed him and get him to burp every stinking time and rarely any spitting up!

I love having my little sidekick! Today we had to drop a paper off at Dr. Nord's office and the ladies just loved seeing him. Very weird not being in there every week. I made my 6 week appointment which is already July 6, I can't believe it and really don't want to because that means going back to work is close after.  
We have had something to do everyday this week, which is nice to get out and get some fresh air. Usually little man just sleeps. Yesterday we went and saw Nana at the office and had lunch.
He has been sleeping very well, he eats around 10:30/11:00 then doesn't get up until 2ish then again at 5:30/6 then we go back to sleep until 9ish. With the exception of last night, we were up from 12-4. He would get back to sleep I would put him in his bassinet and within 15 minutes he would be up again. We did this until 4 when I finally brought him into the living room and got him to sleep and put him in his papasan then we slept until 8 FINALLY. I'm not sure if he just doesn't like the bassinett or laying flat. My friend Kerri gave me a sleep positioner with an incline so we are going to try that tonight. We took a few naps this morning before we got going with our day which was around 1:00. Oh well, I will take a few bad night here and there. 
We have been able to give him real baths now, he isn't too big of a fan yet. Daddy usually gives him the bath then I'm there to wrap him up in his towel and cuddle. Tonight he was soooo mad, probably the strongest and maddest cry I've heard so far. Luckily he is very easy to console. He is laying on my chest now as I type which always calms him right down. 

He is starting to like to lay on the floor and stretch out. He is focusing more and more on stuff.

He is a strong little guy, he alway rolls to his side. I know he would prefer to sleep in this position if I didn't have the sleep positioner keeping him in place. He lifts his head too like you wouldn't believe.



He is liking his new swing, he looks like such a little peanut in it.


And here is my little guy 3 weeks old!




Coming soon...Owen's birth story.

2 comments:

  1. He is SO handsome!!! I just love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill- he's soo cute!! I want to meet him! Me, you and Abbey should have a play day soon!!!

    ReplyDelete