The biggest challenge has been nursing, but he is catching on which is a huge relief. I will admit without my amazing support system I would have probably gave up by now. Something inside of me just kept telling me to keep at it, despite the frusteration to both Owen and I. The last two day he has soley nursed and been satisfied. I am still pumping some because my supply is insane and this little guy can only drink so much. I do have a pretty large stash already which is a good feeling.
He is a great sleeper, wakes up about every 2-3 hours to eat then back to sleep he goes. Last night I woke up with him alone since Merrick had to get up at 5:30 for work I let him sleep.
Today was the first time I have been alone with Owen because Merrick went back to work , and honestly it's been a piece of cake.My Mom stayed with us once we got home from the hospitial and over the weekend, it was a big comfort and I cried like a baby when she left and still tear up when I think about it.
Owen had a Dr appt in Bloomington today so my Mom drove us there and Merrick met us. It was a little hectic this morning getting us both ready just because I dont have a routine down yet. Getting myself ready, feeding him, pumping, getting him ready, diaper bag packed.... At least we didn't have to go the whole day without seeing Daddy!
Okay, this blog is taking me all night between feeding Owen and oh ya I have to remember to feed myself and Husband....I totally lost my train of thought.
Just I'll just put a few tid bits in here
-Owen loves his baby papasan chair the best, he will sleep in it for hours
-He's not a big fan of the swing (when it's on). We noticed tonight while we were eating dinner that when the swing was on he was a little fussy as soon as we turned it off he was sound asleep. Guess I'm glad I didn't buy a big one yet.
-We had Owen's "Two" week Dr appointment today, eventhough technically he won't be two weeks until Tuesday. The long weekend messed that up since the Dr wanted to see him before the weekend for his one week checkup. He was back up to 7lbs today, last Friday he was 6lbs 11 ounces. He's a little guy in the 30 percentile. Dr says this doesnt mean anything about his size in the future and that usually isn't determined until around 2 years old. I think he will be a big boy, his arms and legs are so long! We will go back next week for another weigh in to make sure he's gaining weight, they want to see him back to his birth weight at 2 weeks. By the way he is eating I don't think this will be a problem.
-Yesterday we had his newborn pictures done by Laura Elliott , they turned out amazing. I will cherish these pictures forever! Laura was able to capture his funny faces and his little personality perfectly. I could look at them over and over and tear up everytime. Thanks Laura!! She has some pictures of little O up on her Blog.
-We have a big weekend coming, Owen will be out and about. Let's hope he stays as content as he is at home.
Sweet Dreams....
.jpg)
-2.jpg)
Oh I just love him! Seriously so cute Jill!
ReplyDeleteKevin even walked behind me last night when I was looking at pictures of Owen and said "aww..that is one cute kid!" ...believe me, that does not happen. EVER. I am happy that you have such a plentiful supply for nursing! I wish I could have had the same. I am going to give it a shot again this time.
Enjoy your time spent with Owen, these next few weeks will fly by!! Congrats again :)
Those pictures are just precious! He is SO cute. SO so cute.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are hanging in there with nursing. It isn't easy, that is for sure, but it is SO worth it. I am so glad I stuck with it even though I had my fair share of crying fests with it. Now that Brayden is content with his sippy, I almost wish he was small enough to nurse again. I miss it so much.
Getting to be out and about it fun, but a lot of work! Just stay calm and Owen will do just fine!
Jill- we have the same papasan chair and Emma still loves to sleep in it! Glad things are going so well! :)
ReplyDelete