My little guy is 2 weeks today, the days just seem to fly by.
Some things I've realized in the last 2 weeks...
-It melts my heart when my baby smiles eventhough I know it's not intention yet, it still brings tears to my eyes
-I can't even bear to think about returning to work, it makes my stomach turn.-My priorities have completely changed, who cares if I havent showered or don't get around to it until 9:30pm I would much rather nap and cuddle with my baby. Did I even brush my teeth today?? :)
-Time...what's that?? We would much rather sleep during the day right? ha .
-We no longer go to "bed" we just take a naps.
-We miss Daddy during the day, but LOVE having him home at 5 now and on the weekends!! His new job was truly a blessing that came at perfect time. Things always happen for a reason. -I love watching Owen change, seems like every time he even open his eyes he is more alert.
-I never realized how much I could love this little boy, he is our world!
2 weeks, big boy!!
I know he is gaining some weight, he is filling out his newborn clothes now and getting a little tummy. He both nurses and take s a bottle very well. He makes sure we know when he is hungry though. He wants to eat right then and there if not he is kicking and screaming. Once he gets what he wants though he is a happy boy. He has been eating about every 2-3 hours. Closer to 2 hours during the night for some reason. We will go back to the Dr Thursday just to get weighed to make sure he is back to at least his birth weight. I'm a little nervous it will be my first outing with him alone.
He has been staying awake for longer and longer periods. Usually in the morning after we get up which has been around 8:30 he nurses and then stays awake for awhile just looking around and listening to his crazy Mom carry a conversation on with him. Today Aunt Kell came over and Owen was awake from almost 8:30-12 she couldn't believe it. Right now he is spending a little time with Daddy and sleeping on his chest (such a pretty picture), I'm sure once Daddy goes to bed he will be up and ready to party I better get in my nap :) But really I'm pretty lucky he gets up to eat and most of the time falls right back to sleep.



No comments:
Post a Comment