Merrick often has to remind me not to get stressed out because of all the things I "think" I have on my plate. Just to relax and enjoy these days. He is an amazing Husband and Dad. I LOVE our new family.
We had a good time celebrating Merrick's first Father's Day. We made breakfast for my Dad so it was our first morning getting up and having somewhere to be. Which meant I had to figure out how to get myself and Owen ready with a time restraint. It's all about strategy....and it could not have worked out better.
Sweetest thing ever, brings tears to my eyes! I thank God everyday for having such an amazing Husband and Father for our baby boy.
After celebrating with my Dad we headed to Merrick's parents. It was a day full of family and of course plenty of people to love on Owen.
O and his Great "Nana"
4 Generations!
His sleeping patterns have been getting better and better. I better be careful because after my last blog bragging about his sleeping he was up the entire night. I'm pretty sure it was because of something I ate caused bad gas. He was so uncomfortable all night and most of the next day. Needless to say I will not be eating Mexican for awhile, lesson learned!
Anyways, he has been eating last around 11 or 11:30 then sleeping until 3 then back to sleep until 6:30 or so. Lately he has been going a little longer between feedings so our times have been a little skewed. Last night he ate around 9:30 so I wasn't sure the next time he would be up assuming around 12. Well, he didn't get up until 2:30 ate and back to sleep he went, then didn't wake back up until 7:00! So good week of sleeping we have had!
The last few days he has been pooping and leaking out his diaper almost every time. My Mom thought the diapers were probably too small so we are now out of newborn diapers and in size 1. Pretty sure that was the problem we haven't had that problem. Except last night, we spent the day at Nana's and she had bought an off brand of diapers which don't seem to work as well as Pampers. So last night I had fed him and sat him up to burp him and noticed he had leaked poop out of his diaper on his clothes and on mine. Merr was outside starting the grill I didn't even think about it I opened the door and said "check this out" and showed him Owen's clothes and my own and went back in to change him and give him a bath. A few mintues later Merr came back inside and said "proof that you are a Mom" I asked what he was talking about and he said "well any other time you would freak out if you had a baby's poop on you but you didn't even think twice about it and you told me to check it out" Guess that's true, things just change....I'm no longer the princess my family has accused me of being :)
Speaking of poop....2 words. DEAD DOG
O is still spitting up a lot. He isn't fussy or uncomfortable so I'm not worried about it. We just adapt and I pretty much know his signs when he is ready to lose it. Luckily he rocks the bibs pretty well!
Owen has started to fill out his newborn clothes and fitting in some 0-3 month onesies. One thing I'm happy about is that he is now fitting into his gown pajamas! It's so much easier at night to change his diaper. At first Merrick wasn't crazy about his son wearing a gown, but the other night after changing him he came out and said "WOW these are much easier to change him in".
Merr has committed to P90X (which is an insane workout). When we are both committed to getting in shape and shedding pounds it helps a lot!
In honor of the World Cup










So cute! You look great Jill!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that stroller!! You look great- don't beat yourself up about losing the weight. It is worth it, and I am still struggling to get it off.
ReplyDelete