Sunday, July 31, 2011

One of those weeks

We have not had the best week. Seems like one thing after another. It started last week when I dropped my phone when I getting out of the car, forgot it was on my lap and got out the car. My phone landed smack on the concrete floor and cracked up the screen. Merrick decided he would try and fix screen since the LCD was not damaged. He did his research and ordered the kit. Bless his heart he sat and unscrewed each screw like he was performing brain surgery. Got everything put back together, looked great and brand new. Turned it on and the LCD was damaged somehow in the process. This is why everyone can not  fix broken screens. I know way worse things could happen then needing to get a new phone, especially since I was able to upgrade to the iPhone 4. Next up, Wednesday Britta had surgery to get spayed. Merrick picked her up from the vet Thursday, she did great was just a little sore. I got home late Thursday night and let her outside, a couple minutes later she wasn't at the door so I called her name she came running inside with a HORRIBLE smell. I knew instantly she was sprayed by a skunk. Great, we are exhausted, just want to go to bed, she has a incision on her stomach that can't get wet and she was just sprayed by a skunk. We took her outside and gave her a bath very carefully. Our whole house stunk like a skunk, I couldn't sleep because I just kept thinking it will never go away. The next day I felt like my hair smelled, my purse smelled and my clothes smelled like skunk. I couldn't wait to get home and air the house out, despite the 90 degree weather. We got home that night and opened everything up, sweat our butts off but it helped.








We also gave Britta another bath. I still smell is once in awhile but Merrick doesn't and thinks it's all in my head.
Yesterday my Mom, Sister, Grandma and I played in a golf outing for St. Jude. We had lots of fun! Made me wish I made more time to play golf, I love it. We ended up doing really well!







Merrick brought Owen out to the Elks after we golfed and he loved running around the practice greens.




Once we got home I gave him some milk and put him to bed. I said something to Merrick because Owen felt a little warm and was flushed. Around 1:00AM he woke up crying for us, which rarely ever happens in the middle of the night. I went and got him and put him in bed with us. A few hours later he woke me up because he was jerking (that's the best way I can describe it) I picked him up and he was on fire. I woke him all the way up so I could get him some Tylenol and get him to drink some water. He kept jerking even when he was awake. It scared the crap out of me, I was ready to put him in the car and drive to the ER. I don't handle these situations well, seeing my baby sick is the worst! After the Tylenol kicked in he started to cool down and was able to relax a little. Right when I thought he was relaxing on my shoulder, he coughed and threw up on me. Poor little guy, he was miserable. Right after that he fell asleep and didn't wake up until 9 this morning. He was in much better spirits this morning. I kept giving him Tylenol every 4 hours because he was still feeling a little warm off and on. He We took a 4 hour nap this afternoon, it was much needed!




Let's hope he wakes up feeling better tomorrow!
I know my "bad" week is nothing compared to some people's bad days, and I try and remember that and put things in perspective. Let's just say I am welcoming the new week and still count my blessings daily!



2 comments:

  1. Skunk?! ewww!! I can't even begin to think wwhat we would do in a situation like that. I probably would feel like I was stinky all the time too.
    So sorry that Owen wasn't feeling very well. I hope things start looking up and your little man is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I hear you on this bad week. I know that things could have been a lot worse, but it is still hard to swallow those things when they happen! Hopefully things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete