Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in taste that they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.
It's actually 21 weeks 4 days!! Sorry I've been a little slow in getting up my weekly blog. This is an exciting one!! I've been working late all week; it's so nice to be home at a decent hour. My FAVORITE part of the day is coming home and putting on my sweat pants and sweatshirt and relaxing. Sometimes at work I daydream about it, ha. Especially when the weather is so nasty. That is the only downfall about living 25 miles from work, the commute when the weather is bad. Merrick is a nervous wreck when I drive in the snow/ice. He said I gave him an ulcer when I was driving home tonight. I wouldn’t say I'm a good driver in the winter but I’m cautious and drive slow. The poor dogs werent expecting the ice and are alwasy so excited when I get home. Britta darted out the door and fell right on her face then they couldnt get back inside up the one step because it was so slick. I told her to be careful but she didnt listen very well :) I did leave the garbage cans out for Merrick to bring in, driveway looked a little slick.
Now that we have told our families all the news I can make the big announcement from our Dr appointment last Tuesday!
Merrick wanted to take home the envelope from the Dr's office and open it on a date. Well I ruined that because I wasn't feeling good but it ended up working out because we videotapes us opening it. It was amazing. I still remember seeing the paper in front of us. Merrick's reaction was so great, he was ecstatic. He says he would have either way, but I think every man wants a boy. We both said we thought it was a boy before we opened the envelope. It was great!!
We had a get together with my family on Sunday. We went all out. First thing everyone though when they walked in was twins. That is not the case, thank goodness.
We first made everyone take there guess with the plates they picked. The majority of guesses were Boy.
Merrick then cut the cake and revealed the BLUE inside! It was so much fun, everyone was very excited.
We had an unexpected dinner with Merrick's parents and brothers while they were on there way home Friday night so we decided to tell them, I wasnt able to think of anything creative last minute. We passed around the ultra sound picture, they all guessed Girl except for his Mom and I think one of his brothers. Must be because their are so many boys in the family, opposite of my family.
Saturday night we had dinner with Merrick's sisters and brother in law. I made cupcakes and put blue in the middle. They turned out cute. They too thought we were announcing twins! They are familar with baby boys, since all the younger brothers and promised to help :)
Merr called his grandparents to tell them the news, we didnt want it to leak before we told them. Nana thought it was a boy all along!
Lil Man is kicking like crazy right now as I type. It's still sporatic some days it's more often then others. He's still so little that depending on his position is whether I can feel it or not. Our next task it to get the baby's room ready! Right now it's FULL of boxes and stuff we need to go through and either put away or throw away. Hopefully we can make a date to do it this weekend. We are starting to get stuff for the little guy and I would like to be able to put it away. We have started to look at cribs/dressers/changing tables. I just have no idea. My goal is to have the bedroom done by 30 weeks so that gives us about 8 weeks!
I'll have more post to come, sorry about the delay this week! Life got in the way :)
-M&J


What a cute idea! :) Finding out the sex is so fun, and I love that you guys made it even more special by including your families. Little boys are so much fun!
ReplyDelete